Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Snowblower

Early in January, we got some decent snow storms and some much needed snow. Over the couple of days from the storm, we probably had about a foot of snow at our house. The first day it snowed, Ty got our neighbor's snowblower (her husband died in 2005 and Ty takes care of her sprinkler system, mows, snow removal, etc.). Let me just tell you that he started at about 5:30 and didn't come in until 9:30! Once when he had come in to change into dry clothes, I asked him if he was done, because I knew it was just going to keep snowing and he said, "No, I'm having fun." He did everyone's driveway on our little court of 8 houses (except the nasty people next door!) and then he did the street except in the middle where he was blowing the snow. He went around and around and around and around!!! That weekend after he had to do it again the neighbor told him to keep the snowblower since we've done so much for her and help her out whenever she needs it. Ty said, "OK!" Thanks Joan!

9 comments:

CC said...

i was already giggling about ty having so much fun with the blower and then i busted up when you said he did everyones driveway including the street except the jerks! they must have felt like such chumps! i love it.


keep posting babe hil, we love it!!!!

Becky said...

Oh boy! A man a his toys!

I know Karly's dad loves to use his snowblower too. Maybe they could have a competition? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man am I jealous! I love snowblowers and can totally relate. Good job snowblowin' Ty.
Josh

Anonymous said...

Ty looks absolutely frozen, can't believe he kept going. What a guy! Aunt Robin

WillandTara said...

Yes TY looks totally warm and totally sweet in those WAL-MART bags... I am laughing so hard I cant even finish. Way to go Ty.-------Will

Hilary said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

CC said...

i have never heard will laugh so hard as he was when he called me and asked me to take a closer look at this post. it was the best part of my week. i loved hearing him and only wish i could have seen his red, teary face to go with it.

WillandTara said...

FYI-while trying to tell CC where to look, I think I had a stroke. My head still hurts in the back from when I was laughing. I haven't been the same since. That was 3 days ago. No joke.-----Will

kikim46 said...

I totally missed the plastic bags until I read Will's comments and had to come back and look again...get a Patent on those suckers quick!!

Dixie