Friday, November 7, 2008

You WHAT?!

You made the honor roll?! You get to attend a special honor roll breakfast during 1st period?

I can't believe it! This is so cool because Aidan struggled so much in 6th grade and didn't get very good grades. Before this school year started, I was worried about him being able to keep up academically. But I get to check his progress whenever I want using edline.net as long as the teachers have new information entered. I knew that he had been doing really well in all of his classes except math. He went from a "D" at the beginning of the year to a "C+" which is what I thought he was going to get, but he pulled his grade up to a "B-". And in order to make honor roll, you can't have anything lower than a "B-" and at least 3.0 GPA. I am just so proud of him! Ty is extremely proud too. Ty's birthday was yesterday and when we found out earlier this week that he made honor roll, Ty told him that it was the best present he could ever get! Aidan also gets a special pass for the 2nd quarter that he can use to get out of any class 2 minutes early and/or get in the front of the lunch line. Now me and Ty just have to figure out something special to do for Aidan.

7 comments:

CC said...

thats awesome! keep encouraging him!

Whit and Jake said...

GOOD JOB AIDAN!! That is so exciting. Maybe the teachers are a better fit for him this year. That is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Aidan!

WillandTara said...

Good job Aidan! Do it again.

Uncle Will

Page said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment- I dare say the parents are more proud than the boy!

Unknown said...

Great Job to Aidan! We miss your kids in primary - it seems so small now. Are you from Califonia, Hilary? That is so cool that your grandparents had a beach house there - it was a really fun beach!
Heidi

Becky said...

Aidan, I am slow as a snail to comment here about how awesome you made the honor roll but you know me and Cranpa are super proud of you too!
Love, Grammie

ps, what is your reward from mom and dad? :)