Tuesday, July 3, 2007

One Reason To Never Let Your Kids Have Gum

You'll never guess why there is gum on Aidan's eye.....and he's not the only one. By the time I saw Connor and Brogan they had most of it cleaned off of their eyes.

As I'm sure you can tell from the picture, Aidan was upset about the fact that he had gum stuck in his eyelashes and all around his eye and that I was taking pictures of it. Now are you ready for this?

The boys were taking a shower and for some reason had taken the Big League Chew they got from the ballpark earlier in the evening and stuck it on their eyes for EYE PATCHES!!! ARR!

Now obviously the warm water from the shower made it so soft and gooey and soooo hard to get off. First we tried cold water and ice. That wasn't working, so I got out my trusty Goo Gone and a paper towel, but got in trouble from Ty for rubbing it across Aidan's eyelashes. It's natural ingredients, so who would of thought it would irritate the skin! However, I was being very careful to not get it into his eye. He took over the situation and used Q-tips and mineral oil. Dad saved the day! I don't think they'll ever be doing that again.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh boy! What a mess, and yet a very effective lesson. I'm sure that you're right, they'll probably never do that again.

P.S. Peanut butter works really well for getting gum out of hair, and probably out of eyes.

Becky said...

Ohhhhh myyyyyy gosh!!! Creativity gone awry!!! hahahahhahaha

I'm with Leslie, I would have tried the Peanut Butter solution!

Anonymous said...

Aidan, Aidan, Aidan - what were you thinking?