Monday, August 13, 2007

Connor the All-Star 2007

Connor made the 9 year old All-Star team for the first time this year and without even trying out for the team! There were only seven 9 year olds that tried out and they needed several more, so the player agent and the coaches agreed they wanted Connor on the team. I said, "Are you sure?" Not because I think he is an awful player, but because he is just not as strong of a player as his big brother (although I think he can hit the ball better sometimes). Another funny thing about this is that originally he didn't even want to play baseball at all this year.
Our league hosted the tournament this year, so it was nice to have to only drive about 2 miles to get there after having to drive to Fallon for Aidan's tournament.
Connor played in left field and then at 3rd base. He did fairly well at 3rd for not having played the infield during regular season except to pitch for about 2 innings once. He made several hits during the tournament, 5 games in all. Let me just say that they lost every game and same as for Aidan I will not say by how much! The last game they played much better and held the other team from scoring so much. I was really proud of them. Needless to say they came in 5th place, but Connor never complained and always thought their team were winners! He had fun and I think it was a good experience for him.

No comments: