Friday, September 26, 2008

Cross Country

Since Aidan likes to run just like his dad, he decided he would join the 7th grade boys Cross Country team. They have had practice every day after school. Then last Thursday the 11th they had their first meet against 2 other middle schools. It was 1 1/2 miles. Aidan took 6th place overall out of about 35 runners with a time of 11:22. He also was the first 7th grade boy from his school to cross the finish line. Unfortunately while I was waiting and watching for his friend Austin to finish he started to walk towards me with red coming out of his mouth and it was on his jersey. I briefly panicked thinking he was coughing up blood. I told Ty what I thought and he told me that he was just throwing up (like that's supposed to make me feel better that he is vomiting blood instead of coughing up blood!). Then I realized that is was just from the Hot Cheetos he had for lunch! Oh boy...you can't scare a mom like that. He was a little dehydrated. It was kinda hot that day and there was only one drinking fountain with a huge line before and after the races. Anyway, he did really good and we were really proud of him.

Just after the start

About to cross the finish line

With Coach McGregor and friend Victor

Finish time - 6th place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow double congrats to Aidan. And don't worry Hil, lots of the guys did that puking thing back when we played soccer - especially on hot days.
Josh

WillandTara said...

good job Aidan. maybe we can see you run in a couple weeks when we come.

will

CC said...

i'm a little sick to my stomach that aidan is in 7th grade. i feel like it wasn't that long ago that he shared his room with me, but i guess it has been a while! he still makes the same cute face - check it out in the starting line photo.

Whit and Jake said...

Aidan, you have amazing running skills (in a napoleon dynamite voice)! I always thought it was way cool when I could start participating in school sports. CC is right, he does make the same cute face. Wish I could see it in person.

Becky said...

Alright Aidan!!! I hope some of your meets are on Friday or Saturday so I can come watch soon! Make sure to take a water bottle so you dont have to wait in line for a drink!

Love ya,
Grammie

Hilary send me the schedule, in case I need to get time off to come to see Aidan. :)