Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Project "Modesty"


It was my turn to teach the lesson for Activity Days the first week of September. And true to form, I waited until almost the last minute to plan a lesson. I looked up a bunch of different websites to find ideas and kept coming across an idea for modesty. It was to have the girls design modest outfits out of newspaper. Of course, I didn't have enough newspaper for all the girls that normally show up, so I started looking at craigslist and freecycle. A lady had a post from a couple weeks earlier that she had a lot of newspapers she was hoping someone would take and recycle. By dumb luck, she still had them and she worked at someone from my ward's business. When I picked them up, she was really happy that someone was going to use them again and/or recycle (which I did after we were done, especially because she gave me soooo much more than I needed.
So anyway, I gave the girls a lesson on modesty and then split them up into groups (in each group 2 to design and 1 to model) and they got to choose an outfit to design, i.e. swimsuit, church dress, etc. They had so much fun and when they were done with the outfits the models got to walk down the "runway". They even designed an outfit for Finn! What a poser! Aye Yi Yi! Here is a short video of her walking down the runway.

3 comments:

WillandTara said...

poser is right!! looked like fun.
Will

CC said...

melissa loves finn and always tells me about finn dressing up in the bows at whit's bridal shower, then she tells me that finn kept saying things like "look at me everyone!" and "i'm going to be so pretty in whitneys wedding."

Whit and Jake said...

Oh my gosh what a little poser/diva. She cracks me up with that high pitch voice and her little strut making sure you are taping her...hahahahah!